Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Chained up Man!

I couldn't sleep last night!  I kept thinking about the chained up man I met that day.  His eyes looked so gentle and he reached out to me in a way that made me think that he needed my help.  This image is in my mind forever.  What do I do with it now? 

I was asked to go with one of the Chefs of one of the villages to see a man that the family has chained up because they say he is dangerous to those around him.   They thought that maybe there was something I could do.  I got to the home and there was a little confusion trying to find the family so I could talk to them.  I walked past the house with the chained up man and it was awful.  He was sitting on the dirt floor just digging a small hole.  He looked up and was reaching for me.  He didn't look dangerous to me.  I asked the family many questions.  Who takes care of him?  They said his brother and sister, which are all adults.  Does he ever get outside?  No.  How long has he been like this?  Two months.   Do they have any idea why?  They don't know but it was around the same time that his wife died.  What is it that you think I can do for him?  Please find a way to take him to the mental hospital.  

After asking many questions we went over to the house again and took some pictures.  This was very disturbing to me.  He wanted to shake my hand but the people would not allow this.  They said that it could be dangerous.  Oh how this bothered me.  I felt like it was so inhumane.  The guys chain wasn't even long enough to go outside or walk around in the house.  I don't even know where my thoughts are with this one.  If any of you have any please let me know.  This one just makes me literally sick to my stomach to think about.   Some even say it could be witchcraft. 

Here is what I saw. 



This second picture is of the chain coming out through a small hole in the wall and wrapped around a heavy tree. 

Tammy Parker

parkers4bere@gmail.
com

Jamie phone: +235 93 46 46 35 
Tammy phone: +235 95 25 86 58 

Jamie & Tammy Parker 
Hopital Adventiste de Bere 
52 Boite Postale 
Kelo, TChad 
Afique 

All donations can be sent to: 

Harrison SDA Church 
P.O. Box 969 
Harrison,  TN  37341 

Make Checks payable to: 
Harrison SDA Church 
Earmark:  "The Bere Project" 

No comments:

Post a Comment