Saturday, December 31, 2011

Greatest Sacrifice!

I don't even know where to start other than to just tell the story as I know it.  Olen came to our house early this morning banging on our door.  I heard him the first time and started to get out of bed but then I heard him bang really hard and said, "Jamie, Tammy you need to go to the hospital, Adam just died!"  I then jumped out of bed in a panic, I got a sweatshirt on and ran over even without Jamie, he was coming just behind me.  I ran over to where they were in an office and I ran to Sarah sitting on a bed.  I hugged her and buried her head into my chest as I said, "Sarah, I am so so so so sorry!"  I didn't know what else to say.  I was overwhelmed and the tears are pouring from everyone.  I look over at James and he is over his lifeless son's body pouring out his grief.  I couldn't believe it!  Life is so fragile here.


Yesterday, James and Sarah came to Bere to get both of their children tested for malaria because Adam, their boy, was running a fever of 104.  The test came out positive with Adam at .10 and Miriam at .05.  They both got hooked up to IV quinine.  Even up to this morning it seemed as though they were both getting better.  They were both playing and moving around with energy.  At some point this morning between 6:00 and 7:00 Adam started to have a seizure.  From there it was trying to just save his life.  I am sure that any of you can read exactly what happened under James' blog later when he finds the time to write, but for now this is all I know.  We are preparing to have a service later today but I wanted to inform all of you that it is true we have lost another one of God's children to malaria.  Satan is after them and many here to discourage the mission.  I tell of you this right now because many are starting to hear the news in America and I want to confirm that it is true.  Please pray for them.  We all need the encouragement but especially James and Sarah for this is the second child in a year. 

I am sending pictures so you can see a little of the events as they happen.  I will write again later tonight after the service.  I am going to send two or three emails so you can have the pictures.  I can only send three at a time with one email. 

Thank you for your prayers and support. 

Love, Tammy

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad for this family! For all of you. Prayers for the comforter to be near, to hold these dear sacrificing people in His hands.

    Would you list James' blog link on your blog for us. I lost his link somehow.

    Blessings,
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Bill and Julie McGhee

    ReplyDelete
  3. reading this just makes me want to be like you guys....sacrificing just as Jesus did.

    ReplyDelete