Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Project 21!

Project 21! 

I have decided to try and keep Project 21 alive.  This is a project that was started by a young lady, a  couple years ago, by the name of Marci Andersen.  Project 21 is a program that involves all 21 villages around Bere.  It is a program that helps the people help each other.  When the program started Marci went out into each village and gave education talks.  She would go everyday for four days in a row in the same village and educate anyone in that village who wanted to come and listen.  The talks were about dental education, family planning, personal hygiene and health education involving their food and what they should and should not eat or drink.  This was the program that got Jamie involved in pulling teeth for free every Wednesday.  

Now, the program has grown where there is 3 ladies in each village that are in constant training at the hospital to be midwives in their village.  They have been trained to know when there is a problem with a delivery and how to find a way to get the woman to the hospital.   There are two men in each village that are trained in wound care.  And to identify other health problems that they direct to the hospital.  

The program has been just floating along but not really had a leader for over a year now.  So I have decided to jump on board and do what I can to keep it alive until Marci comes back in September with more help.  

I have met with all of the Chefs of all 21 villages last week and introduced myself and listened to all of their concerns.  I met with about 71 men and women trained village workers on Friday.  I handed out soap to each one thanking them for their service.  I also informed them that I am interested in helping them until Marci gets here.  I listened to what it is that they need in order to do their jobs well in the village.   

Since all of these meetings I have bought many medical supplies such as soap, bleach, gloves, thermometers, iodine, tape and gauze.  We are now in the process of handing them out.  I know that this program is helping many people and it has been a blessing to be a part of it already.  I just know that 
God is in this program and I am so glad that I chose to be a part of it.  Please pray that it will be a blessing for many.  




The first picture is handing out the medical supplies and the guy on the right is Fredrick my interpreter and on the left is one of the Chefs of the village.   The second picture is the meeting with all the trained village people.


Tammy Parker


Jamie phone: +235 93 46 46 35 
Tammy phone: +235 95 25 86 58 

Jamie & Tammy Parker 
Hopital Adventiste de Bere 
52 Boite Postale 
Kelo, TChad 
Afique 

All donations can be sent to: 

Harrison SDA Church 
P.O. Box 969 
Harrison,  TN  37341 

Make Checks payable to: 
Harrison SDA Church 
Earmark:  "The Bere Project" 

No comments:

Post a Comment