Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dear Friends and Family

Live life like there is no tomorrow.

Today I had a young girl around the age of 17 come to me with her 6
month old baby. She told me that she wanted to get formula for her baby
boy for she had Aids and heard that it was possible to give it to her
child through breastfeeding. It is true and I have been told that there
is a 6% chance but I have also been told that if it is going to be
transmitted it would be by the age of 6 months. I sent her over to the
hospital to get her baby tested. I figured if the child did not have it
I would provide her with the formula she needed. She waited all day at
our house for the results. She finally got them and waited for me to
read them to her. The results were positive. Her eyes just swelled up
with tears and she began to cry. I felt terrible for the both of them.
There is no father, as usual, and she is living with her grandmother. I
didn't know what to do to console her. I just hugged her and sat with
her until the tears lessened. She thanked me for my help and was on her
way.

There is another thing that I want to share with everyone. For those of
you who know who Naomi is, well her mother just died last Saturday. Her
family didn't call her and let her know until they were almost here with
their mother's body. They wanted to bury her next to her husband in a
village about 24 kilometers away from here. Her mother had been living
in Nigeria and got sick with malaria. Before she could get the proper
medication she needed the malaria had already gone too far and she was
needing blood but she didn't last long enough to receive it. Naomi has
been at home all week and has been doing the week long mourning that
they do here. Several people have come to her house to mourn with her
and support her. She is very strong in her faith and will get pass this
but anyone who has lost a parent can understand the pain she is
experiencing. Please keep her in prayer.


Love, Tammy

We are up to 8 children on the baby formula program now.

--
We are 100% volunteers and your donations are deeply appreciated, as are
your prayers, both of which will contribute greatly to our mission.

PLEASE SPECIFY IN THE MEMO AREA OF YOUR CHECK
FOR "THE BERE PROJECT" AND SEND TO.

Harrison Seventh-Day Adventist Church

PO BOX 969 Harrison, Tn. 37341

No comments:

Post a Comment