Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Yesterday we received a box from a family member.  It is always exciting to get a box from America.  It is like getting a little piece of home.  But this time we got something so precious to us, a CD with all sorts of pictures and videos of family and friends.  It was really fun to watch it and see how everyone has changed but it is also interesting for us to see everything within the pictures.  Everything looks so perfect and shiny.  Everyone looks so beautiful and clean .  We can see all the beautiful houses and all the different fun things there is to do there.  There is so much in America. 

After looking at everything on the CD I found myself feeling jealous.  So many people in the states just seem to have everything.  When or if I ever go back to the states I will have nothing.  I was feeling sorry for myself.  I was feeling insuficient, a little depressed, and left wanting more than what this place has to offer. 

I immediately was reminded of what my priorities need to be.  A grandmother of a little boy that we are helping at the hospital stopped by before going back home.  She stopped by with her grandson just to say thank you.  She was thanking me for paying for the boy to get medical attention.  She didn't ask for anything else just thanking me.  This little boy is five years old and looks more like 2-3.  His mother left him shortly after he was born and his father is dead.  The grandmother is barely making it but is doing all she can to keep this kid alive.  I quickly snapped myself out of the jealous mode and looked at all my blessings.  God is taking care of every single one of my needs.  Shame on me for feeling like that when I very well know what kind of people are here and what their stories are like. 


This is little 5 year old Aaron


I think this Thanksgiving we all need to just realize what we have and thank the Lord for all the good things that He provides us with.   I don't know why some people have it harder than others.  I want to stop looking so much to myself and try and keep my thoughts on the big picture.  Today I am thanking God for the life He gave me and I will try and make Him proud of what I do with it. 

 

Love and blessings,
Tammy


 --  We are 100% volunteers and your donations are deeply appreciated, as are your prayers, both of which will contribute greatly to our mission.   PLEASE SPECIFY IN THE MEMO AREA OF YOUR CHECK FOR “THE BERE PROJECT” AND SEND TO.  Harrison Seventh-Day Adventist Church  PO BOX 969 Harrison, Tn. 37341  

No comments:

Post a Comment