Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Short stories that tug at my heart strings when I hear stuff like this.

08/11/10


One mid morning Sabbath day we had a 9 year old visitor come to our door. This is a little boy that lives about two miles from here. He has helped me around the yard for flip flops and I have helped him with a few other things. This particular morning he did not look so good. I invited him in and sat him down. I asked him what was wrong as I touched his forehead. He was burning up. He told me that he has not been feeling good for some time now. He said he has had diarrhea for about five weeks and his head hurt. He also said that he was very hungry. He has tried to get food from his family but anytime his mother tries to feed him his father would beat his mother. Of course Jamie and I got him some food and gave him all the medication he needed to get better. Just this week his mother came to me with him she said that her corn crops had come in and she brought me about 9 ears of corn already cooked. This is a big thank you when someone brings you food.

No comments:

Post a Comment