Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mar 16, 2010

Dear Friends and Family,


Thank you all for the encouraging words and prayers. They were exactly what I needed. That was why I wrote in the first place because I needed to be up lifted. And I really was, thank you.

I want everyone to know that the doctors here are taken back by my recovery this last week. My foot is almost completely healed. The wound was probably at an inch or more deep and so infected that they had to go back in 3 times to open it and get the junk out. I am so happy that God has heard my cries. For the first time last night I walked on it with no pain. I am still going to baby it cause I don't want to it to reopen or who knows what but for now I am doing great.

Please continuing praying for all of the missionaries here. Satan has really been working hard in trying to discourage us through illnesses. Other missionary families are being attacked right now too. That must mean we are doing something right. I think Satan knows his time is short and he needs to get us discouraged however he can.

Jamie, right now, has malaria for the 6th time. He is doing really good with it though and trying another new medication for it. Monday he flew up to Abeche with Gary and met James there. This is the place that James is working on building a new hospital. The story here is very interesting cause the Muslims heard about the Adventist Hospital here in Bere and visited and wanted James to build them a hospital and run it for them. They gave James over 25 acres and all James has to do is tell them what to do and they will get it done. So right now all of the guys are there telling them where to put the well and what to clear and whatto get done.

Many are wondering the details on what is happening with the Bere Adventist Hospital. James and Sarah will be on vacation in the states starting next week and they will not be back until June. When they come back they will be working in Moundou mainly. They have moved everything out of their house. It is a weird feeling not to have them here. Right now we have a couple of doctors from the states that are going to be helping out until the end of April. After that we are on our own. Tony's grandpa (Samedi) will be doing all of the surgeries still but he does have his limits. There is a new couple coming in November that will be taking the place of James and Sarah. Jamie and I had the pleasure of meeting them this summer when we first got here. They were going to different places to see where they wanted to stay after school and they chose Bere. They are a young couple with a little baby boy that is around a year old. Olen and Denay are their names. I don't have their last name at the moment but I will give you more information as I get it. They are both doctors which is so great for the hospital. She is an OB doctor and he is family practice. We are looking forward to see what kind of changes they will be making for the hospital.

Again, I just want to thank you all for everything you are doing. We miss you all and can't wait for the day we get to come back and visit.

Love, Tammy

The Parkers
Jamie, Cory and Brichelle

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update :) I miss Bere, and I love hearing what's going on.

    ReplyDelete