Thursday, April 1, 2010

Mar 01, 2010

I spent my Saturday afternoon at the hospital in the surgery room. I have been having some real trouble with one of my feet on the heal. Something at one point got inside and then it got really infected and I couldn't walk on it anymore. This place is so hard on your feet. Jamie has always had soft smooth nice feet and now they are sometimes unrecognizable. Your feet are in the dirt so much there is just no way to keep them clean. No way! And they are so dry and messed up. I can't wait to come back to the states and get one pedicure after another.


So there I am on the gurney and I have all my family there plus 3 American doctors, 1 anesthesiologist, and 2 nurses. I was in good hands. But when the anesthesiologist tried to numb my foot it was just not getting it (and I was being a big baby) so they decided to put me out with some crazy, crazy tripping medicine. It felt like at least an hour but they said it only took 10 minutes to open it up and clean it out. Dr Appel had to go really deep to get all of the infection out so I am very sore and glad it is over. By the time I was waking up everyone had left and gone to the river. Jamie, Michelle and Franklin the anesthesiologist stayed behind to be sure I was going to wake up okay. I did (of course) but it was quite the experience. This place is so hard on your body in so many ways. The rest of my night was spent feeling out of this world.

I just wanted to share my pain with all of you that I care about. Just another episode at the Parker house in Africa.

Love you all and miss you very much!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment