Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What should we do ?



This sweet little girl's mother died and her eight year old sister takes care of her because their father is a drunk.  One of the boys that I take care of, Papa, brought this family to my attention.  I was very happy about that because this is the first time that one of my "Bere' Boys" wanted to do something for someone else and the first sight of being mission minded and thinking of others.    This place trains you from the time you are young that you have to think of yourself and your own needs because no one else will.  Get the getting while the getting is good or you might not ever get anything.  Papa told me that every time he passes these girls on his way to the market, it touches his heart  and makes him want to cry because he just knows that they are hungry and suffering.   This is coming from a boy who knows what suffering looks like. 

This time I thought it would be fun to throw the situation out at all of you and see what kind of suggestions you come up with.  I have a giving fund and ready to help.  I just thought you could help me this time come up with some ideas.   What do you think we should do for this family? 

I look forward to your responses. 

Here is one of my Bere Boys, Papa. 

Love and blessings, 
Tammy Parker 


Jamie phone: +235 93 46 46 35 
Tammy phone: +235 95 25 86 58 

Jamie & Tammy Parker 
Hopital Adventiste de Bere 
52 Boite Postale 
Kelo, TChad 
Afique 

All donations can be sent to: 

Harrison SDA Church 
P.O. Box 969 
Harrison,  TN  37341 

Make Checks payable to: 
Harrison SDA Church 
Earmark:  "The Bere Project" 

2 comments:

  1. Love her. Bathe her. Feed her. And share God's love with her. Give her His message of hope! So heart breaking... Im proud of Papa for seeing their need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would take them into my home and love them as my own. Is there a way you can foster or adopt them? xx

    ReplyDelete