Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Darkness is Lifted .

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for us these last couple of weeks.  Thank you for all of the encouraging letters.  It was over whelming to have so many letters come flooding in.  I am so grateful to God for putting so many wonderful people in our lives and for giving us such a great support system.  Thank you all so much for loving us and our mission.  

Just now as I am trying to get my thoughts in this letter the tears are flowing down my face.  Not because I am sad but because I am in awe of the love that God has for us.  Because I know that He has answered all of our prayers.  He has lifted my darkness.  He has given me a clear mind with a real mission.  I have seen God's love coming through to us from each one of you and your letters. (except one, there is always that one!)  But all of your letters were exactly what I needed.  Now I say "I needed" but Jamie was feeling this way too but he just leaves the writing to me.    I was so down in the dumps.  I have never felt so bad since we have been here and I am so glad that I wrote that letter to all of you.  Some said that it was bad for me to write such negative things but I have no regrets.  I believe that God wants us to lean on each other.  I also believe that when you are working everyday on the front lines in another country with such a different culture as a missionary that we need encouragement we need those extra prayers.  It is not easy here.  But I can honestly say that God took away all those awful feelings.  I can honestly say that I am loving life again, even being in Chad.  It didn't happen over night but God worked with me everyday and I believe that I am happier now than I have been in a long, long time.  

God not only had all of our friends and family write us but random people from around the world, like Australia.  People who we do not know that found our blog and wrote us saying that they are praying for us.  What a wonderful, wonderful God we serve!  He is so much bigger than we give Him credit for.  

We are also going to be giving bible studies out of our home with some of the young adults we are close to here.  It just kind of happened.  I am actually very excited about it.  I can't wait to share what I know and learn on top of that.  This is really not something that I  thought I would be doing but God knows what we are capable of.  I am just trying to be willing to do what He wants me to do.  

I have a pretty big story to tell about the school but I am not quite ready to tell all yet.  I will know more after this week.  Before this week is over I will have all the answers in order to be able to share my story.   I can say though that I need everyones prayers, again.  I am making a really big move against what is going on at the school and I need prayers that when the mission president comes here this week to make a vote on it that things will swing God's way.  That God will be in control of His school and He will use me to change things that need to be changed but also that He will give me the right spirit, the right words and the strength at this big meeting.  

This week I will also be following Jamie around.  I will get some pictures and some stories of what he is doing.  He has been very busy.

We want you to know that we love all of you and I can't thank you enough for being there for us during our dark days. 
   
Tammy Parker


Jamie phone: +235 93 46 46 35 
Tammy phone: +235 95 25 86 58 

Jamie & Tammy Parker 
Hopital Adventiste de Bere 
52 Boite Postale 
Kelo, TChad 
Afique 

All donations can be sent to: 

Harrison SDA Church 
P.O. Box 969 
Harrison,  TN  37341 

Make Checks payable to: 
Harrison SDA Church 
Earmark:  "The Bere Project" 

No comments:

Post a Comment