Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Unclean" .


I went out into the village to meet people that need help.  I met a couple of old ladies that can't work any more for their food because they are just too worn out.  I saw a young guy cutting the okra for one of them because her hands hurt so bad from working so many years in the rice field.  But the story that really got me was the one of this man.  I turned the corner to meet the next person and the two men before me where already greeting someone in the doorway of a house.  But as I turned the corner I could not see him yet.  But all I knew was that the men in front of me gave this man their hand to shake to say hello.  As I look inside I immediately recognize him as the beggar that use to be in the market.  He would wear bags over his feet because they had been eaten away by leprosy.  I had a moment of freaking out inside myself and I was secretly praying that God will bless me and not let me get this awful disease.  I have been told that it is not all as contagious as everyone thinks.  But from reading all the stories in the bible about the lepers having to cry out "unclean" just stuck to my first instinct not to touch him,  but I did.  I offered my hand to him as I was thinking to myself "I can't believe I am doing this".  The poor man is starving to death.  He says that it is too hard for him to get up and go to the market and beg anymore because he no longer has the power.  He looked just miserable.  I just couldn't digest his desperate situation.  I walked away from there completely uneasy, wondering what can I do?  I am going to try and get some rice and things together for him but just not sure if it will be enough.   I did talk to him about God and asked him if he believed in God and he told me how active he use to be in church.  

When I see people like this I just can't help but thank God for my health and how He takes care of my every need.  Its things like this that I need to think about more often whenever I get in that mood of being consumed with frivolous things.  


Tammy Parker


Jamie phone: +235 93 46 46 35 
Tammy phone: +235 95 25 86 58 

Jamie & Tammy Parker 
Hopital Adventiste de Bere 
52 Boite Postale 
Kelo, TChad 
Afique 

All donations can be sent to: 

Harrison SDA Church 
P.O. Box 969 
Harrison,  TN  37341 

Make Checks payable to: 
Harrison SDA Church 
Earmark:  "The Bere Project" 

No comments:

Post a Comment