Friday, August 23, 2013

I AM GIVING YOU MY CHILD!


Today was a typical day.  Working with the malnourished babies, the sick, the hungry and then those that said that they were giving me their child.  What do you say to that?  Talk about being put on the spot.  This lady came with her three children and told me that her husband said that she should bring her kids to me so I can see them all and then tell me that this one child is for me.  In the past I had helped them when he was sick.  I paid for his medical bill at the hospital and he got better.  I have helped this family in a few different ways and I guess this was the way they wanted to pay me back.  

When Naomi interpreted this to me I just thought that maybe this was a gesture, something she was just saying to show me how much she was grateful.  But then I caught on that she was seriously not going to leave my property with him.  What do I do?  As I am speaking English to Naomi I am telling her that I can't believe that this lady is going to leave him.  I knew that Naomi was equally freaking out and Naomi said that she was shaking inside.   I was so glad that God brought to my mind what to say.  Because I realized that this is a serious situation.  I looked at this woman and told her that I thank her so much for the offer but a child belongs with his parents.  There is no love like that of a parent.  She seemed to be okay with that.   I asked her if I could take their pictures to remember them and then she left.  

I keep thinking that I can't be surprised by what this place brings my way but I continue to have eyebrow raising situations.  Keep us in prayer.  




Tammy Parker


Jamie phone: +235 93 46 46 35 
Tammy phone: +235 95 25 86 58 

Jamie & Tammy Parker 
Hopital Adventiste de Bere 
52 Boite Postale 
Kelo, TChad 
Afique 

All donations can be sent to: 

Harrison SDA Church 
P.O. Box 969 
Harrison,  TN  37341 

Make Checks payable to: 
Harrison SDA Church 
Earmark:  "The Bere Project" 

No comments:

Post a Comment